UCEAP Alumni and Friends

Giving From Abroad

For donors in Canada, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom and Europe


UCEAP is a leader in study abroad and in addition to sending over 5,000 UC students abroad each year, we welcome 1,500 international students on reciprocal exchanges to our UC campuses. We welcome the support of our alumni and friends across the globe.

For International donors - Click here to give by credit card.



All gifts are tax-deductible as prescribed by law. The University of California is recognized as a tax-exempt organization by Revenue Canada.

Hong Kong

Hong Kong taxpayers may make donations in Hong Kong dollars or U.S. dollars via the University of California Foundation Limited in Hong Kong. Contributions will be tax deductible as provided for under Section 88 of the Hong Kong Inland Revenue Ordinance. The University of California Foundation Limited will collect your contributions and forward them to UCEAP. Click here for a gift transmittal form.  

United Kingdom

British and U.S. taxpayers may make donations in pounds sterling to UCEAP via the University of California Trust (U.K.) in London - registered British Charity No. 1075405. Additionally, the University of California Trust (U.K.) can collect Gift Aid on your behalf and forward it to UCEAP. 

Donors who have tax liabilities in the U.K. and the U.S. can give to UCEAP via the CAF American Donor Fund for dual U.S./U.K. taxpayers. Trading as Southampton Row Trust Ltd., the CAF American Donor Fund allows U.S. citizens living in the United Kingdom to receive tax benefits in both countries for their international contributions.

Other European Countries

If you are a European taxpayer you may give to UCEAP through Transnational Giving Europe (TGE), which currently covers 18 countries and enables donors, both corporations and individuals, resident in one of the participating countries, to make donations to non-profit organizations in other Member States, while benefiting directly from the tax advantages provided for in the legislation of their country of residence.

Donors may make a gift to their respective national TGE partner which will transfer donations to the University of California Trust (U.K.), which will then forward the funds to UCEAP. 

For more information on international giving, please contact Elizabeth Janis Perl at eperl@eap.ucop.edu.

Why Give to UCEAP?

As a leading provider of study abroad and exchange for over 50 years, UCEAP has helped thousands of students benefit from international education.

Scholarship support for studying abroad is critical to our mission to equip students with the knowledge, understanding, and skills for work and life in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.

Funding for scholarships makes study abroad available and affordable to a larger number of students each year.

Make a Gift Today!

Did studying abroad impact your life and career?

Submit your alumni story today!


what appears on hover


what appears on hover


what appears on hover


what appears on hover

Copyright © The Regents of the University of California | Terms of Use | Privacy